Location: Washington, DC
Position Title: Executive Assistant
Context: Established in 1967 by Dr. Charles Mérieux, Fondation Mérieux is an independent family foundation and is a recognized state-approved charity. It fights against the infectious diseases that affect developing countries and is currently present in about fifteen countries (mainly in West Africa, South-East Asia, and the Americas). It offers a specific model based on a long history of expertise in clinical pathology and a comprehensive approach to public health issues.
The mission of Fondation Mérieux is to contribute to global health by strengthening the local capacities of developing countries to reduce the impact of infectious diseases on vulnerable populations. Its action is based on three main priorities: improving access to diagnostics, creating and enhancing local applied research capabilities, and encouraging knowledge sharing among health professionals.
In 2011, the Mérieux Foundation USA was established as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in Washington, D.C. By instituting a presence in the nation’s capital, the Mérieux Foundation USA is able to engage American partners in Fondation Mérieux initiatives and open opportunities for new collaborations and technological innovation. The Mérieux Foundation USA also contributes to U.S. government efforts to foster sustainable health systems around the world.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for the daily execution of administrative aspects of the Mérieux Foundation USA’s operation. He/she must possess the organizational, communication, and professional skills to support FMx USA leadership in helping the organization run smoothly by:
- Scheduling meetings and booking travel arrangements for FMx USA leadership
- Preparing materials for funding applications, meetings, and conferences
- Managing the logistics of large conferences and other events
- Uploading news and events on FMx USA’s website
- Managing incoming and outgoing invoices
- Mailing, scanning, copying, and filing materials
- Assisting and supporting staff as requested in carrying out FMx USA’s work
- Executive/administrative assistant experience
- Highly organized and at ease in a fast-paced environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- High-level skills in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience collaborating with colleagues internationally a plus
- French language skills a plus
Compensation: Commensurate with experience, and includes generous benefits.
To Apply: Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to the Program and Operations Director, Emily Penrose, at email@example.com. Please use the e-mail subject line "Executive Assistant." No calls, please.
Deadline: August 10, 2018. Applicants will be selected for interviews on a rolling basis.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.