Established in 1967 by Dr. Charles Mérieux, Fondation Mérieux is an independent family foundation and is a recognized state-approved charity. It fights against the infectious diseases that affect developing countries and is currently present in about fifteen countries (mainly in West Africa, South-East Asia, and the Americas). It offers a specific model based on a long history of expertise in clinical pathology and a comprehensive approach to public health issues.
The mission of Fondation Mérieux is to contribute to global health by strengthening the local capacities of developing countries to reduce the impact of infectious diseases on vulnerable populations. Its action is based on three main priorities: improving access to diagnostics, creating and enhancing local applied research capabilities, and encouraging knowledge sharing among health professionals.
In 2011, the Mérieux Foundation USA was established as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in Washington, D.C. By instituting a presence in the nation’s capital, the Mérieux Foundation USA is able to engage American partners in Fondation Mérieux initiatives and open opportunities for new collaborations and technological innovation. The Mérieux Foundation USA also contributes to U.S. government efforts to foster sustainable health systems around the world.
The Operations and Finance Manager is responsible for the financial management of the organization, including overseeing accounts payable and receivable, working directly with bookkeepers, and ensuring the successful completion of annual audits and tax preparation. He/she must be able to work directly with organizational leadership and program staff to undertake the below tasks.
- Assist the CEO to elaborate and implement the strategic plan of the Mérieux Foundation USA (prepare and implement budgets, provide financial recommendations).
- Manage operations and finance of the Mérieux Foundation USA:
- Oversee accounts payable and receivable
- Work directly with bookkeeping staff to manage accounting
- Ensure successful completion of annual audit
- Work with tax preparer to ensure completeness and accuracy of annual tax filings
- Supervise HR and legal sub-contractors
- Contribute to the management of projects together with the Senior Program Manager, the operational teams of projects and the contracting parties and sponsors:
- Develop proposal-specific budgets
- Ensure budget management and financial reporting for all projects
- Complete invoicing procedures for all projects
- Supporting leadership as requested in carrying out the Mérieux Foundation USA’s work
- 5+ years’ experience in nonprofit financial management, including audits and tax preparation
- Deep familiarity with 501(c)(3) public charity regulations and requirements
- Project-specific experience with budget development, management, and invoicing
- Experience with U.S. government funders, including NICRA negotiations
- Highly organized and at ease in a fast-paced environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including making financial presentations to the Board of Directors
- Excellent attention to detail
- Impeccable professional integrity
- Masters of Business Administration or equivalent degree
- Must be legally authorized to work in the Untied States
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume on Indeed.com.
December 23, 2019
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.