Established in 1967 by Dr. Charles Mérieux, Fondation Mérieux is an independent family foundation and is a recognized state-approved charity. It fights against the infectious diseases that affect developing countries and is currently present in about fifteen countries (mainly in West Africa, South-East Asia, and the Americas). It offers a specific model based on a long history of expertise in clinical pathology and a comprehensive approach to public health issues.
The mission of Fondation Mérieux is to contribute to global health by strengthening the local capacities of developing countries to reduce the impact of infectious diseases on vulnerable populations. Its action is based on three main priorities: improving access to diagnostics, creating and enhancing local applied research capabilities, and encouraging knowledge sharing among health professionals.
In 2011, the Mérieux Foundation USA was established as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in Washington, D.C. By instituting a presence in the nation’s capital, the Mérieux Foundation USA is able to engage American partners in Fondation Mérieux initiatives and open opportunities for new collaborations and technological innovation. The Mérieux Foundation USA also contributes to U.S. government efforts to foster sustainable health systems around the world.
The Senior Program Manager is responsible for managing programmatic aspects of the Mérieux Foundation USA’s current portfolio of grants and contracts. He/she will work closely with the CEO to develop new projects, and also with the Operations and Finance Manager to fulfill the financial requirements of the organization’s ongoing projects and proposals.
- Manage Mérieux Foundation USA projects :
- Review and negotiate contracts with funders, and prepare subcontracts for subawardees
- Ensure all project deliverables are met by tracking deadlines, submitting technical reports and following up with stakeholders, including funders and subawardees
- Train subawardees in the contractual requirements of complex programs and ensure follow-through
- Work with the Operations and Finance Manager to prepare invoices to funders, write financial reports, and track project budgets
- Contribute to the writing of proposals for funding opportunities, in collaboration with Fondation Mérieux operational teams and external partners, and collaborate with the Finance and Operations Director to prepare proposal budgets
- Assist the CEO:
- to elaborate and implement the strategic plan of the Mérieux Foundation USA (market analysis, prioritization of programs)
- to identify partners in the US with strategy, competencies, experience and footprint matching those of or complementary with the Mérieux Foundation USA
- to identify new funding opportunities through an active watch and networking with existing and potential partners
- 5+ years of experience in global health project management and proposal writing, particularly in relation to U.S. government funders
- Highly organized and at ease in a fast-paced environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- High-level skills in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to travel internationally on a regular basis
- Education in science/public health, with either an MD, a PhD or a Master’s plus additional experience
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English
- French language skills preferred
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume on Indeed.com.
December 23, 2019
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.